Dirt Bike Dirt Bags
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from orangerider

2 posters

Go down

Hello from orangerider Empty Hello from orangerider

Post by orangerider March 21st 2016, 6:53 pm

Hello everyone, glad to be here.

A brief background. I started riding in the mid 60`s my father was a racer and tuner so i have been around bikes since birth. From the mid 60`s to 1971 i rode CZ, Husky, Suzuki, Montesa and a Triumph 650 Desert sled. I did R&D work for Suzuki, Montesa and Honda, the first being for the RH Suzuki`s in the late 60`s then development for the first Elsinore in early 70. In the late 70`s and early 80`s worked with Al Baker JR to develop the XR and advance the CR 2t. During the mid to late 70`s i also sponsored several riders on Maico`s. During most of the late 80`s and 90`s the focus was on the Honda CR`s although i had ties to the Suzuki factory efforts, can`t do that anymore.

Some of my best memories were working along side Bud Ekins building motorcycles and meeting and riding with the Euro`s when they first came over.

I said brief so that`s it for now.
orangerider
orangerider

Back to top Go down

Hello from orangerider Empty Re: Hello from orangerider

Post by KTMSwade March 21st 2016, 7:06 pm

Dude, so glad to see you here. I was just going through old emails when I bought that 500MX from you.
KTMSwade
KTMSwade
Admin

https://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider March 21st 2016, 8:05 pm

Good to be here, funny you brought up the 500MX i just was looking at several photos of that bike.
orangerider
orangerider

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade March 21st 2016, 8:08 pm

I hated selling it and the 495 I restored. The recession really knocked the shit out of us for a few years. That 500 was crazy fast, but no joke, I think I could have raced it. Javier fixed the suspension up sweet. It was just too nice to race.
KTMSwade
KTMSwade
Admin

https://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum