toothache

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 12:45 am

What higher bar of truth is there than your own personal experience?
My own personal experience that I'm clear and lucid with will stand over any and all claims no matter how contrary.
Mind you it takes more than one positive moment with a home remedy before I feel this way, therefore it's only after repeated episodes being positive that leave me convinced. FWIW, my strongest opinions become galvanized after multiple views, not a glance.

I know so many people directly and even more indirectly that have amazing histories healing the most foul sickness from cancers to diabetes, MS to Alzheimer's, Colitis to Autism.
shiftpro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex on March 24th 2016, 1:12 am

longtime coming wrote:And here's another thing I think I've noticed; my pee runs clear when my body is using the vitamin C. When it is not, it runs yellow. Weird. I'm still confirming that one....for me.

There are many homebrew remedies. If they work for you, do it. I am a scientist, and require a higher bar relative to proof.
tmex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 1:28 am

tmex wrote: I am a scientist, and require a higher bar relative to proof.

Then you have nothing to gain or learn here. Bugger off.
shiftpro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf on March 24th 2016, 2:19 am

it might be Scurvy

Lonewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by myosin on March 24th 2016, 5:23 am

Abscess is a collection of puss that has built up. Tooth Abscess comes about by 1) nerve and tissue inside the tooth is dead / rotting due to some sort of trauma (usually bacteria for decay) or 2) from bacteria that is in the gum tissue when people have periodontal disease.

I have never heard of High Dosage Vitamin C to cure a dental abscesses. What would be the mechanism of action of the Vitamin C to stop/eliminate the root (pun intended) cause of the abscess.

For the people talking about sensitivity (mainly cold) of the teeth, over the counter cold sensitivity tooth paste works well. Prescription Prevident 5000 works better. Cold sensitivity comes about because the root of the tooth is exposed. The root is made up of million of tubes that lead to the nerve. Temperature is transmitted through these tubes. Cold sensitivity tooth paste merely occludes these tubes so no temperature transmission is possible.

myosin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade on March 24th 2016, 7:20 am

shiftpro wrote:
tmex wrote: I am a scientist, and require a higher bar relative to proof.

Then you have nothing to gain or learn here. Bugger off.

Bugger off??? No need for that Shifty. Let it go and accept who we all are. Not to mention, tmex is part of our group to help run this place while we get it going. Keep it easy like Lionel Richie and Sunday morning

Admin

View user profile http://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla on March 24th 2016, 7:50 am

I have used acupuncture to aleeviate a few things.. We used to have a guy here, white guy I might add, that spent several years in the orient learning the ways, etc. Pretty interesting. Mostly using herbal remedies etc.. I mainly went in for back pain. But he worked on my psoriasis as well..Interesting guy as he didn't need a license here to basically practice eastern medicine.. I talked with him quite a bit about it, and the stuff he was doing was pretty much how the orient works medically.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla on March 24th 2016, 7:57 am

myosin wrote:Abscess is a collection of puss that has built up. Tooth Abscess comes about by 1) nerve and tissue inside the tooth is dead / rotting due to some sort of trauma (usually bacteria for decay) or 2) from bacteria that is in the gum tissue when people have periodontal disease.

I have never heard of High Dosage Vitamin C to cure a dental abscesses. What would be the mechanism of action of the Vitamin C to stop/eliminate the root (pun intended) cause of the abscess.

For the people talking about sensitivity (mainly cold) of the teeth, over the counter cold sensitivity tooth paste works well. Prescription Prevident 5000 works better. Cold sensitivity comes about because the root of the tooth is exposed. The root is made up of million of tubes that lead to the nerve. Temperature is transmitted through these tubes. Cold sensitivity tooth paste merely occludes these tubes so no temperature transmission is possible.

All I can say is some folk remedies are based in fact. Asperin for example. If it works for you, great. I take vitamin C every days with breakfast, using some drink stuff called EmergenC. I'll have to go try some Provident 5000. And yes my gums have regressed over the years.. Dental hygenist tells me every time i go .. Tops of my front teeth are worn down too. I brush twice a day but need to get into the floss habit more. Hit n miss on that string thing.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 8:19 am

Tmex, I can appreciate the scepticism. I know this works for me. I have no idea of the mechanism, but it works. I thought it might raise some controversy here and that is healthy.

I try to avoid taking anything until I need it. Including daily vitamin C. That way it works when I need it.

Myosin, my dentist in town here is not so sceptical. He is nearing retirement and apparently still has an open mind.

I hope someone on here tries this and reports back. Not wishing a toothache on anybody, far from it. I'm trying to help. Take lots of it and keep it in your system. If you see no improvement whatsoever in about 1 1/2-2 days (48 hrs), then it probably isn't working.
longtime coming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by myosin on March 24th 2016, 9:17 am

longtime coming wrote:Tmex, I can appreciate the scepticism. I know this works for me. I have no idea of the mechanism, but it works. I thought it might raise some controversy here and that is healthy.

I try to avoid taking anything until I need it. Including daily vitamin C. That way it works when I need it.

Myosin, my dentist in town here is not so sceptical. He is nearing retirement and apparently still has an open mind.

I hope someone on here tries this and reports back. Not wishing a toothache on anybody, far from it. I'm trying to help. Take lots of it and keep it in your system. If you see no improvement whatsoever in about 1 1/2-2 days (48 hrs), then it probably isn't working.

Oh I am opened minded. I doing stuff that was not even possible or could have been imagined in Dental School. I am all in for "digital dentistry" as I have an intra-oral scanner and a CBCT machine. I am part of a very low percentage of dentists that has that combination. I love learning and take around 100 to 150 continuing education hours a years even though I am required to take 12 hours every years. I place my own dental implants and make digital surgical guides.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U3VzEZ-4LNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
myosin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla on March 24th 2016, 9:21 am

So move to Wyoming. I need some work done.. Just no money for an implant.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IronManPandito on March 24th 2016, 9:26 am

I have never had a toothache from infection.
IronManPandito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla on March 24th 2016, 9:47 am

IronManPandito wrote:I have never had a toothache from infection.

Give it time.. I had a rear molar that did nothing but become abcessed every few months. The tooth was loose because supporting bone was gone from wisdom tooth removal.. I finally put the permanent cure to it..

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf on March 24th 2016, 3:06 pm

gum disease is a symptom of scurvy ( vitamin C deficiency)
could there be another factor blocking the ability to assimilate vitamin C ?
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vitamin-deficiency-anemia/basics/causes/con-20019550
Vitamin C deficiency anemia. Vitamin C deficiency can develop if you don't get enough vitamin C from the foods you eat. Vitamin C deficiency is also possible if something impairs your ability to absorb vitamin C from food. For instance, smoking impairs your body's ability to absorb vitamin C

a professor regurgitates belief bias
a true scientist collects data and proposes a hypothesis

Lonewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 3:22 pm

It seems too many scientist take payoffs to support what the employer is pushing.
shiftpro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 3:23 pm

And suddenly the hypothesis is theory, then fact, and the media pushes this.
shiftpro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade on March 24th 2016, 4:31 pm

I couldnt be a dentist, I would snicker at least 3 or 4 times a day when hearing "oral" being said

Admin

View user profile http://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 5:24 pm

I think being a dentist would be a damn tough job. Both mentally and physically.
longtime coming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 5:32 pm

myosin wrote:
longtime coming wrote:Tmex, I can appreciate the scepticism. I know this works for me. I have no idea of the mechanism, but it works. I thought it might raise some controversy here and that is healthy.

Oh I am opened minded. I doing stuff that was not even possible or could have been imagined in Dental School. I am all in for "digital dentistry" as I have an intra-oral scanner and a CBCT machine. I am part of a very low percentage of dentists that has that combination. I love learning and take around 100 to 150 continuing education hours a years even though I am required to take 12 hours every years. I place my own dental implants and make digital surgical guides.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U3VzEZ-4LNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is definately cool. What a great piece of equipment! It must give you a meaningful sense of security when doing those implants. How could you do it without that scan? Or is that the only sure way?

If I had an extra million I'd set up an appointment today. Good work Doc! Impressive.
longtime coming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 5:40 pm

That is really amazing. Thanks for sharing doc..
shiftpro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 5:49 pm

Lonewolf wrote:gum disease is a symptom of scurvy ( vitamin C deficiency)
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vitamin-deficiency-anemia/basics/causes/con-20019550
Vitamin C deficiency anemia. Vitamin C deficiency can develop if you don't get enough vitamin C from the foods you eat. Vitamin C deficiency is also possible if something impairs your ability to absorb vitamin C from food. For instance, smoking impairs your body's ability to absorb vitamin C

very interesting.
longtime coming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf on March 24th 2016, 6:53 pm

longtime coming wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:gum disease is a symptom of scurvy ( vitamin C deficiency)

very interesting.
thank you for taking note
could it be that something is blocking your uptake of vitamin C ?
and perhaps the massive dosage is required for any amount to assimilate ?
are you experiencing any of the other symptoms ?
Any unusual diet habits, prescription drugs, exposure to hazardous materials at work, or other environmental factors ?
Maybe there is some environmental factor that you are unaware of like Radon gas (not sure if it blocks C), minerals in your drinking water that neutralize ascorbic acid, or something like that

Lonewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 7:38 pm

I smoke. My one, and very bad habit.

I have a few of the other symptoms. I also had two consecutive blood tests over a couple of years that showed a vitamin B12 deficiency. I was taking supplements for that for quite a while, but have not for quite a while. I'm gonna get back on that regimen. I took a B multivitamin right after I read your link. I should be doing it with food obviously, but supplements are convenient. I am now officially back on the vitamin B.

I eat a lot of honey and am lately wondering if that may be causing stiffness.....no not there, in my back and legs. Lol.
longtime coming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFuFighter on March 24th 2016, 8:11 pm

longtime coming wrote:If there was clinical evidence it would be squashed like a bug. My $60.00 antibiotics are worth a lot more to the economy than my $1.00 worth of vitamin C. This vitamin C therapy thing is old news. Maybe it doesn't work for everybody, but I know it works for many more than just me.

There's a lot of clinical evidence about the overuse of antibiotics. Vitamin C helps me to not let my system get compromised that way.
Is this an argument similar to the oil companies squashing the 100mph engine? I don't buy it.

KungFuFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFuFighter on March 24th 2016, 8:36 pm

longtime coming wrote:Ok, if it is placebo effect then that means that I can eliminate raging root infections in my teeth with my mind. I'm talking ones that are beginning to abscess, like swelling the face. Like this last one of a few days ago. My wife said "your face is swollen". I said "I know". And now it is gone. Cool. And merely by telling others, they can do it too. Amazing Kreskin.
The power of the mind over the body and placebos are fascinating subjects for sure.

I had to have a knot of tissue cut out of the muscle in my arm once. I used what little skill I had for that sort of thing at the time from my martial arts training to calm my mind and body.

The doctor said I was going to have a lot of pain and gave me a prescription for pain pills. I didn't have to take one and I do ascribe that to being completely at ease, mind and body, during the procedure.

KungFuFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top