toothache

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 8:54 pm

KungFuFighter wrote:
longtime coming wrote:If there was clinical evidence it would be squashed like a bug. My $60.00 antibiotics are worth a lot more to the economy than my $1.00 worth of vitamin C. This vitamin C therapy thing is old news. Maybe it doesn't work for everybody, but I know it works for many more than just me.

There's a lot of clinical evidence about the overuse of antibiotics. Vitamin C helps me to not let my system get compromised that way.
Is this an argument similar to the oil companies squashing the 100mph engine? I don't buy it.

I buy it.
avatar
shiftpro

Posts : 214
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : BC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 8:56 pm

I'm pretty sure I can't kill bacteria with my mind...and can't do it remotely for others either.

On another note; I got my food grade mineral oil for the cattle oiler today. I mix the clear, highly refined oil with teatree oil to make a solution which keeps the lice off of the cows. At this time of the year the lice go nuts and some of the cows get some patchy spots in their coat, usually on the lower neck. The cows rub this oil on their coat with a mop-type hanging tank thing and it cleans them right up. Always and for years now. The conventional way is to use some kind of a pesticide liquid, some of which actually have withdrawal periods before slaughter, in the case of steers.

Another thing that works for me. And surprises those who have never tried it.
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 8:59 pm

longtime coming wrote:I'm pretty sure I can't kill bacteria with my mind...and can't do it remotely for others either.

On another note; I got my food grade mineral oil for the cattle oiler today. I mix the clear, highly refined oil with teatree oil to make a solution which keeps the lice off of the cows. At this time of the year the lice go nuts and some of the cows get some patchy spots in their coat, usually on the lower neck. The cows rub this oil on their coat with a mop-type hanging tank thing and it cleans them right up. Always and for years now. The conventional way is to use some kind of a pesticide liquid, some of which actually have withdrawal periods before slaughter, in the case of steers.

Another thing that works for me. And surprises those who have never tried it.

You're too nice of a guy that's the problem. You have to mad and swear a lot at the bacteria.

De-licer...
Send some of that down to me longtime, I could use it.
avatar
shiftpro

Posts : 214
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : BC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 9:00 pm

On the oil company thing: you think maybe someone has done the math to figure out consumption vs cars on the road vs profits? I do.
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 9:01 pm

shiftpro wrote:
longtime coming wrote:I'm pretty sure I can't kill bacteria with my mind...and can't do it remotely for others either.

On another note; I got my food grade mineral oil for the cattle oiler today. I mix the clear, highly refined oil with teatree oil to make a solution which keeps the lice off of the cows. At this time of the year the lice go nuts and some of the cows get some patchy spots in their coat, usually on the lower neck. The cows rub this oil on their coat with a mop-type hanging tank thing and it cleans them right up. Always and for years now. The conventional way is to use some kind of a pesticide liquid, some of which actually have withdrawal periods before slaughter, in the case of steers.

Another thing that works for me. And surprises those who have never tried it.

You're too nice of a guy that's the problem. You have to mad and swear a lot at the bacteria.

De-licer...  
Send some of that down to me longtime, I could use it.

what do you need to de-louse?
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 9:25 pm

And on another note: there's some crazy good hand and foot creams with a brand name of Gehwol. Some made in Germany stuff that is simply the best stuff on earth for cracked hands and feet or chapped lips or whatever. If there is something better, i'd be surprised as I have tried lots of things over 40 years of working outdoors in Canada. The foot stuff is greasy, but literally closes cracks almost overnight in hands or feet. Another health tip from longtime. If I keep throwing these out there, somebodies bound to try something, no?
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 9:31 pm

Are crabs lice?
avatar
shiftpro

Posts : 214
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : BC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 9:39 pm

hmmmm. No. They are crabs. Eat them. Crabs are yummy.

teatree oil will probably scare almost anything away.
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 9:41 pm

I think I like the B12 avatar for now. Filthy from lots of gravel that day.
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 10:08 pm

longtime coming wrote:And on another note: there's some crazy good hand and foot creams with a brand name of Gehwol. Some made in Germany stuff that is simply the best stuff on earth for cracked hands and feet or chapped lips or whatever. If there is something better, i'd be surprised as I have tried lots of things over 40 years of working outdoors in Canada. The foot stuff is greasy, but literally closes cracks almost overnight in hands or feet. Another health tip from longtime. If I keep throwing these out there, somebodies bound to try something, no?

Neutrohena,
Norwegian formula whatever,
made in US, Johnson & Johnson
avatar
shiftpro

Posts : 214
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : BC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by zilla on March 24th 2016, 10:17 pm

Bag Balm here.. IF I get cracked hands I liberally apply the Bag Balm and put on cotton gloves then go to bed..

_________________
Clip Board Sr.
avatar
zilla
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-21
Age : 69
Location : Rock Springs Wy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 24th 2016, 10:42 pm

I have used bag balm (we had several different dairy cows around for many years - the nicest sort of cows). I have probably used the neutrogena stuff too. I do the gloves or socks overnight thing. I haven't found anything close to the Gehwol products. it's like a miracle. Won't anyone believe me on anything at all? Lol.

We're just a bunch of set-in-our-ways buggers around here.

There were a couple of different bag balms we had. We probably still have some in the barn. Anyway, one kind was way, way better than the other kind. If you really want the very bestest of skin and leather conditioner then go work on some sheep. By the time you have trimmed feet or sheered about 30 sheep or so, your leather boots are well conditioned and so are your hands. Problem is the damn sheep won't fit in the medicine cabinet.
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by tmex on March 24th 2016, 11:06 pm

That reminds me of the joke about the Kiwi who walks into the bedroom with a sheep under his arm. His wife is already in bed.

Kiwi: Darling, this is the pig I sleep with when you have a headache.

Wife: You moron. I think you will that is a pig.

Kiwi: I think you will find I was not talking to you.
avatar
tmex
Admin

Posts : 41
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 11:32 pm

longtime coming wrote:I have used bag balm (we had several different dairy cows around for many years - the nicest sort of cows). I have probably used the neutrogena stuff too. I do the gloves or socks overnight thing. I haven't found anything close to the Gehwol products. it's like a miracle. Won't anyone believe me on anything at all? Lol.

We're just a bunch of set-in-our-ways buggers around here.

There were a couple of different bag balms we had. We probably still have some in the barn. Anyway, one kind was way, way better than the other kind. If you really want the very bestest of skin and leather conditioner then go work on some sheep. By the time you have trimmed feet or sheered about 30 sheep or so, your leather boots are well conditioned and so are your hands. Problem is the damn sheep won't fit in the medicine cabinet.

All the possibilities here have my head swimming....
avatar
shiftpro

Posts : 214
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : BC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 24th 2016, 11:36 pm

Drunk trucker comes home at 3am, drunk. Comes to bed with a bottle of aspirin and starts slipping them into his wife's mouth. She awakes spitting out pill "what the fa you think yer doing?"
Drunk trucker says "giving you aspirin baby for yer headache".... wifey says "I don't have a gawd damn headache!"
Happy drunk trucker
Gene Tracy
avatar
shiftpro

Posts : 214
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : BC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by myosin on March 25th 2016, 11:19 am

longtime coming wrote:If there was clinical evidence it would be squashed like a bug. My $60.00 antibiotics are worth a lot more to the economy than my $1.00 worth of vitamin C.

I've see this line of thinking a lot on the internet. Conspiracy theroires, big pharma,.....etc. Big Goverment, Big Pharma, Big Hospital does not want to cure cancer/sickness because there is to much money keeping people sick.

There a millions of doctors and scientists around the world trying to make huge medical breakouts. They would love to be the next:

Louis Pasteur came up with the food preparing process known as pasteurization; he also developed a vaccination for anthrax and rabies.

Jonas Salk was an American physician and medical researcher who developed the first safe and effective vaccine for polio.

Paul C. Lauterbur is an American chemist best known for his work in helping to develop magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for internal body structures scanning.

Walter Reed was a U.S. Army pathologist and bacteriologist who led the experiments that proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquito bite.

Rita Levi-Montalcini shared the 1986 Nobel Prize for physiology or medicine for her part in the discovery of a protein that stimulates nerve cell growth.

British surgeon and scientist Joseph Lister is best known for spearheading the medical use of antiseptic medicine.



I would bet a lot of money that there have been thousands upon thousands upon thousands of studies on Vitamin C. I doubt there was a conspiracy to suppress each and every one of those studies.
avatar
myosin

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 25th 2016, 11:38 am

Just one rebuttal there; Louis Pasteur developed pasteurization as a result of a need to kill harmful bacteria in milk. This need was a result of the new 'mega-dairies" (at the time) who had filthy operations and had no idea how to properly look after milk cows because they were not real farmers. They were businessmen.

There is no need whatsoever to pasteurize clean milk. Milk is kind-of like honey in that heating it ruins it.
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 25th 2016, 6:24 pm

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=the%20untold%20story%20of%20milk%20summary

well that didn't work as expected, but it might get yous headed in the right direction to find out what really happened to the milk industry and why pasteurization became mandatory, and the lie behind the supposed "dangers" of raw milk.
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by longtime coming on March 25th 2016, 6:33 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/05/10-things-you-should-know_n_211715.html

for what it's worth....
avatar
longtime coming

Posts : 73
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by KungFuFighter on March 25th 2016, 7:05 pm

myosin wrote:
longtime coming wrote:If there was clinical evidence it would be squashed like a bug. My $60.00 antibiotics are worth a lot more to the economy than my $1.00 worth of vitamin C.

I've see this line of thinking a lot on the internet. Conspiracy theroires, big pharma,.....etc.  Big Goverment, Big Pharma, Big Hospital does not want to cure cancer/sickness because there is to much money keeping people sick.

There a millions of doctors and scientists around the world trying to make huge medical breakouts. They would love to be the next:

Louis Pasteur came up with the food preparing process known as pasteurization; he also developed a vaccination for anthrax and rabies.

Jonas Salk was an American physician and medical researcher who developed the first safe and effective vaccine for polio.

Paul C. Lauterbur is an American chemist best known for his work in helping to develop magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for internal body structures scanning.

Walter Reed was a U.S. Army pathologist and bacteriologist who led the experiments that proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquito bite.

Rita Levi-Montalcini shared the 1986 Nobel Prize for physiology or medicine for her part in the discovery of a protein that stimulates nerve cell growth.

British surgeon and scientist Joseph Lister is best known for spearheading the medical use of antiseptic medicine.



I would bet a lot of money that there have been thousands upon thousands upon thousands of studies on Vitamin C.  I doubt there was a conspiracy to suppress each and every one of those studies.
That is the way I think about this sort of thing as well. Occam's razor. If someone could claim all of that publicity and fame for a vitamin C cure they would jump on it.

People's desire for fame and celebrity easily trumps these conspiracy theories.

KungFuFighter

Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by Hokie on March 25th 2016, 7:27 pm

That prevident 5000 is good stuff.
avatar
Hokie

Posts : 65
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by KungFuFighter on March 25th 2016, 7:43 pm

longtime coming wrote:I'm pretty sure I can't kill bacteria with my mind...and can't do it remotely for others either.

On another note; I got my food grade mineral oil for the cattle oiler today. I mix the clear, highly refined oil with teatree oil to make a solution which keeps the lice off of the cows. At this time of the year the lice go nuts and some of the cows get some patchy spots in their coat, usually on the lower neck. The cows rub this oil on their coat with a mop-type hanging tank thing and it cleans them right up. Always and for years now. The conventional way is to use some kind of a pesticide liquid, some of which actually have withdrawal periods before slaughter, in the case of steers.

Another thing that works for me. And surprises those who have never tried it.
Of course you can, that is exactly how placebos work. The mind making the body carry out processes it thinks a pill is making it carry out.

KungFuFighter

Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 25th 2016, 10:52 pm

myosin wrote:
longtime coming wrote:If there was clinical evidence it would be squashed like a bug. My $60.00 antibiotics are worth a lot more to the economy than my $1.00 worth of vitamin C.

I've see this line of thinking a lot on the internet. Conspiracy theroires, big pharma,.....etc.  Big Goverment, Big Pharma, Big Hospital does not want to cure cancer/sickness because there is to much money keeping people sick.

There a millions of doctors and scientists around the world trying to make huge medical breakouts. They would love to be the next:

Louis Pasteur came up with the food preparing process known as pasteurization; he also developed a vaccination for anthrax and rabies.

Jonas Salk was an American physician and medical researcher who developed the first safe and effective vaccine for polio.

Paul C. Lauterbur is an American chemist best known for his work in helping to develop magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for internal body structures scanning.

Walter Reed was a U.S. Army pathologist and bacteriologist who led the experiments that proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquito bite.

Rita Levi-Montalcini shared the 1986 Nobel Prize for physiology or medicine for her part in the discovery of a protein that stimulates nerve cell growth.

British surgeon and scientist Joseph Lister is best known for spearheading the medical use of antiseptic medicine.



I would bet a lot of money that there have been thousands upon thousands upon thousands of studies on Vitamin C.  I doubt there was a conspiracy to suppress each and every one of those studies.

Thank Myosin for the thoughtful reply.

First I would like acknowledge how difficult it must for a health professional to hear of such travesty suggested. Any health worker from dentist to proctologist would be uncomfortable in such a discussion. But this discussion is not about the doctors and researchers. This is about how corporation/governing bodies run the show.
Myosin you mentioned several notable souls who have put their life in to discovery in the name preserving and improving life. Men and women like this are Gods no doubt, and many of I feel would turn over in their grave the way things are rolling along these days.

It's the system, not the workers. It's like the war on cops, it's really about (or should be) the way police are trained and managed with some question as to the process of selecting people to work in this field. Lord knows there are dudes with huge control issues and power trippers that get into police work, and well maybe there is a place for some people like that.

I don't think you intended it Myo, but mentioning the doctors and chemists like you did is actually throwing a red herring, jungle fighter negotiating. The growing concern people have about corporate greed and control of governing bodies does not equate to a shake down of our front line.... you guys...
avatar
shiftpro

Posts : 214
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : BC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by shiftpro on March 25th 2016, 11:01 pm

KTMSwade wrote:
shiftpro wrote:
tmex wrote: I am a scientist, and require a higher bar relative to proof.

Then you have nothing to gain or learn here. Bugger off.

Bugger off???  No need for that Shifty.  Let it go and accept who we all are. Not to mention, tmex is part of our group to help run this place while we get it going.  Keep it easy like Lionel Richie and Sunday morning

Wade galldammit you're right, sorry and thanks for the note.

Let me rephrase that comment I made to our fellow Dirt Bag.

Tmex thanks for holding the scientific point in view. We're all very fortunate to have you here, your experiences and wisdom are admirable.
Please forgive my past regressions, I have nothing but respect for you sir. I effin mean it.
My antagonistic climate with you stays with my persona at Ktalk.
avatar
shiftpro

Posts : 214
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : BC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by myosin on March 26th 2016, 1:25 pm

shiftpro wrote:

I don't think you intended it Myo, but mentioning the doctors and chemists like you did is actually throwing a red herring, jungle fighter negotiating. The growing concern people have about corporate greed and control of governing bodies does not equate to a shake down of our front line.... you guys...

My intention with listing the previous ground breaking doctors/scientists/chemists was not to throw a red herring. There are hundreads of thousands of scientists, chemists, PhDs , Doctors around the world trying to solve human health problems. Lot of overlap in areas. IMO it would be impossible for Big Goverments / Big Pharma to block and suppress  every single researcher if there was a ground breaking discovery that went against big profits.
avatar
myosin

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: toothache

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum