YZ250X Long haul report. (Dirt Rider)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: YZ250X Long haul report. (Dirt Rider)

Post by Kermit on April 3rd 2016, 5:33 pm

shiftpro wrote:I respectfully disagree with everything on this thread.
Can we agree to disagree?

Sure no prob (no butthurt here)....what exactly are you disagreeing with? (just curious)
Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider on April 4th 2016, 2:23 pm

One thing that i never liked about Yamaha has been the clutch feel at the lever, never consistent. Word that i got is that a hydraulic clutch from GYTR might become available in the future. The works bikes and including Chad Reeds bike use a hydraulic clutch. Now if they can make the clutch itself last longer, anyway they are headed in the right direction if they make it stock.
orangerider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade on April 4th 2016, 5:49 pm

Now it's a forum, gotta have some differing opinions and whatnot. Fwiw, yes I agree with the clutch thing. I never used to mind a cable clutch until I got used to a hydro clutch. Cable, pfft, sooo 1978 lol

Admin

View user profile http://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 4th 2016, 7:41 pm

KTMSwade wrote:Now it's a forum, gotta have some differing opinions and whatnot.  Fwiw, yes I agree with the clutch thing.  I never used to mind a cable clutch until I got used to a hydro clutch.  Cable, pfft, sooo 1978 lol

Needs to be full hydro too...not that bullshit retro fit shit either, that still has a cable at the very end.
Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade on April 4th 2016, 8:01 pm

Yeah, I'm not keen on that retro kit, big clunky thing that looks like an afterthought. Wish Yamaha would join this century and go full hydro clutch

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider on April 4th 2016, 8:10 pm

It`s supposed to be what KTM is using, full hydraulic.
orangerider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade on April 4th 2016, 8:26 pm

Given the choice between Yamaha suspension versus KTM clutch, I am a suspension/handling guy. Actually a CR (for engine and handling) with YZ suspension, KTM ground clearance and hydro clutch, well that would be cool...oh wait, sounds like a crisp running pre 2012 Gasser 300

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro on April 4th 2016, 8:48 pm

Kermit wrote:

Sure no prob (no butthurt here)....what exactly are you disagreeing with? (just curious)

Getting back to your question Kerm,

I'm just such a KTM fanboyweenie that I can't see another dirt bike beyond orange. I got married to KTM before the end of the 70's.
I saw Pentons with KTM engines and pretty much crapped my pants. Long story, mostly has to do with soft jap philips head case screws.
I have an excess of passion for dirt bikes and I'm profoundly swayed by a motorcycle manufacturer that happens to be a gang of Dirt Bike Dirt Bags.
I'm only disagreeing with any dirt bike that is not a ktoom. I'm fine with my friends riding something else, as long as they don't roost me too often.
shiftpro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 5th 2016, 8:44 am

KTMSwade wrote:Given the choice between Yamaha suspension versus KTM clutch, I am a suspension/handling guy.  Actually a CR (for engine and handling) with YZ suspension, KTM ground clearance and hydro clutch, well that would be cool...oh wait, sounds like a crisp running pre 2012 Gasser 300

Honestly, from reading all the reviews...looks like the main reason people like the Yammie is a the suspension.

so that said....Gasser with KYB SSS suspension. Or try and find a Replica that has full Ohlins on it.

Get a great running/handling bike for not too much coin...if you go pre-owned. Well.....hell. I only paid $7200 OTD when I bought mine new.

The Reiger is suppose to be pretty good though...they do make inserts for the Zokes.

http://reigersuspension.com/wordpress/English/motor/enduro/frontfork2/
Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 5th 2016, 8:48 am

shiftpro wrote:
Kermit wrote:

I'm just such a KTM fanboyweenie that I can't see another dirt bike beyond orange. I got married to KTM before the end of the 70's.
I saw Pentons with KTM engines and pretty much crapped my pants. Long story, mostly has to do with soft jap philips head case screws.
I have an excess of passion for dirt bikes and I'm profoundly swayed by a motorcycle manufacturer that happens to be a gang of Dirt Bike Dirt Bags.
I'm only disagreeing with any dirt bike that is not a ktoom. I'm fine with my friends riding something else, as long as they don't roost me too often.

Thanks!

Oh...there wasn't a bike I didn't like. Each has their quirks....as long as I am out riding...I am happy.
Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro on April 5th 2016, 10:19 am

Kermit wrote:
shiftpro wrote:
Kermit wrote:

Thanks!

Oh...there wasn't a bike I didn't like. Each has their quirks....as long as I am out riding...I am happy.

And at the end of the day, I fully agree with your statement.
shiftpro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top