Dirt Bike Dirt Bags
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house

5 posters

Go down

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house Empty Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house

Post by tmex April 5th 2016, 5:19 pm

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house DSCN4315-L

24x7x7 buffet. Several meats, seafood, borsch, interesting beet salads with vinegar, potatoes, rice, Russian dumplings, and various types of deserts. Delicious. No bill. You pay whatever you think it was worth in a bowl on your way out the door. Beer and wine available when there is someone in attendance (during normal hours 12PM-9PM). Interesting concept.
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house Empty Re: Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house

Post by KungFuFighter April 5th 2016, 8:43 pm

Do you pay for the beer and wine at the door on the way out too?

KungFuFighter

Back to top Go down

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house Empty Re: Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house

Post by Lonewolf April 5th 2016, 9:41 pm

It appears the Sangha choice is illegal http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/886748/ombudsman-says-sangha-choice-illegal
"Casteneda offerings" should be properly prepared by removing the fuzz containing strychnine before ingestion
Osho and Gurdjeff would probably prefer some chanting to summon spirits in lieu of pouring spirits from a bottle ,
and hopefully the Kool Aid is not "electric", but with a menu like that it would be open to suspect

Lonewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf April 5th 2016, 9:48 pm

The 5th way appears to be some sort of passageway :
https://www.facebook.com/Fifth-Way-Mystery-School-102040319875854/

Lonewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex April 5th 2016, 9:49 pm

@Wolfie

I always had a lot of trouble with the "Castenada offerings". Usually just tossed my cookies. Not sure why. Nothing else ever bothered me.
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex April 5th 2016, 9:56 pm

@KFF

Yep. Same deal with respect to the beer and wine. Sounds really strange, I know. Be interesting to see how it all works out for them. It is a fairly upscale demographic, so people might be inclined to overpay for the experience. We did.

It also has a cultural marketing theme. People can come in and sit and read books without eating anything. They can use the bathroom without being a "customer". Weird in every respect which is why I posted it.

This shit is too weird to make up. Link below to Yelp review.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/russian-house-1-jenner

Money bowl by the door (below). This is reminiscent of "Rock" (that's what everybody calls him) out by Ballarat in Death Valley. Guy had a small store in the middle of nowhere and sold beer without a liquor license. Just a cooler full of beer, and a "donation" bucket. How much is a cold beer worth in the middle of nowhere? A lot. $5 was a typical donation. Cops left him alone. There is no law against giving away beer (except to a minor, of course), and no law against accepting donations.

Rock would claim if a minor took a beer that he stole it. Ami, being an attorney, would prosecute the guy for being careless around an "attractive nuisance" - the beer cooler. Same reason someone can sue you if a child falls into your unfenced swimming pool.

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house O-L
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla April 6th 2016, 11:43 am

Velly intellesting
zilla
zilla
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex April 11th 2016, 6:15 pm

Had to go back today for some borscht, and to exchanged metaphysical views with the Russian ladies (hotties actually, but I have a strong preference for Eastern European women).

tmex outside the the restaurant:

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house Screen%20Shot%202016-04-04%20at%207.22.33%20PM

the borscht:

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house IMG_0306-L

A riddle (viddle) on the place setting under my borscht bowl:

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house IMG_0305-L
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex April 11th 2016, 7:31 pm

Picture at the pay bowl today. My guess is they are not going to be around for long.

Russian business model meets US capitalism. I tried to explain to the girls the concept of a "sugar daddy", but they were not getting it at all. Ami just sat there with her eyes rolled back.

Russian Restaurant - just opened by beach house Screen%20Shot%202016-04-11%20at%206.24.11%20PM%20copy-L
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KungFuFighter April 17th 2016, 10:55 am

tmex wrote:@KFF

Yep. Same deal with respect to the beer and wine. Sounds really strange, I know. Be interesting to see how it all works out for them. It is a fairly upscale demographic, so people might be inclined to overpay for the experience. We did.

Good point.

KungFuFighter

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro April 22nd 2016, 9:19 pm

Man I would eat there everyday.

The answer to the viddle is make apple sauce out of 4 apples.
Kinda like, how do you share one strawberry with 10 people?
Smash with back of axe on a stump, and everyone gets a lick.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex April 22nd 2016, 9:31 pm

@shiftpro

Good answer. I messed around with it for awhile, but eventually gave up on it.
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro April 22nd 2016, 9:36 pm

I'm pretty sure Russian Borscht is with cabbage and cream. German borscht red beet soup like the one pictured. The Doukhobors out here make it with cabbage and cream.
Anyway, I now have to go make some German style beet soup...
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down