Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Go down

Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by orangerider on April 5th 2016, 6:42 pm

Mine is a 2014 MB Sprinter 170 4cyl. 7 speed. Great rig, use a 3 bike Beast Rack for securing the bikes, great mileage loaded 24mpg. Has been very reliable i also use it for camping and fishing. Very comfortable with the suspension seats and 265/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler tires for added flotation.

Lets hear about or see your rig.

I would include photos and will once i can upload from my computer. I do not use Photo Bucket and such sites as i had ID theft a few years back and it was related to such a site.
orangerider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by OldMechanik on April 5th 2016, 9:21 pm

Mine doubles as a ride rig and a family truckster. A raised roof van or box van would be nice...so would a go-zillion dollars. lol It's paid for and it's tough so it'll do.

OldMechanik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hokie on April 7th 2016, 3:47 pm

Class C RV with 5x10 trailer. Last race I crammed:

1 - 250XC
1 - 65SX
1 - 50SX
2 - OSETS 20's

into that trailer I really need a bigger trailer.

Hokie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla on April 7th 2016, 4:52 pm

orangerider wrote:Mine is a 2014 MB Sprinter 170 4cyl. 7 speed. Great rig, use a 3 bike Beast Rack for securing the bikes, great mileage loaded 24mpg. Has been very reliable i also use it for camping and fishing. Very comfortable with the suspension seats and 265/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler tires for added flotation.

I would include photos and will once i can upload from my computer. I do not use Photo Bucket and such sites as i had ID theft a few years back and it was related to such a site.

You can post directly to this site Use the button third left of You Tube icon in the tool bar.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SWOrange on April 8th 2016, 10:53 am

Nothing quite so fancy for me.

'08 Mazda B4000 (aka Ford Ranger).

Will tow the small open utility trailer if taking 3 bikes.

SWOrange

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 8th 2016, 8:30 pm

Do-it-all...Old faithful...think I have had this little  truck for 14 years now (paid cash for it), has 320,000 miles on it and refuses to die, so I keep on driving it. And well, it has been paid for for a very long time, can't bring myself to buy a new one.  The older I get the more anti-consumerism I become. Have a truck, have a bike...they both work...what more do you need, yeah?

Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla on April 8th 2016, 8:38 pm

IF I have to haul, it's the back of the truck.. Normally I just ride from home..

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 8th 2016, 8:45 pm

zilla wrote:IF I have to haul, it's the back of the truck..  Normally I just ride from home..

I would love to ride right out the back door, used to back in PA, had a little trail system on our property that I built.

Here...oh about 30-40 minutes to a trail head. Do have a squid area about 15 minutes away. If I trailer the bike to work, can be on a trail in 5-10 minutes. Plated dirt bikes are joyous thing.

Standing at the trailhead looking at downtown Boise. haven't had a chance to explore the boise foothills yet, maybe next week.

Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex on April 10th 2016, 12:30 pm

My philosophy is to go big - Isuzu NPR box truck. Half the cost of a Chevy diesel pickup and better milage to boot. Mine as a hydraulic lift gate for loading and unloading bikes - very convenient. You can also launch out the back if you want to impress.

Close up view loaded. It will easily handle six bikes. Here we have three bikes - two primary and a spare along with spare wheels (with rubber mounted), spare tires, every imaginable tool, air compressor, tire changing stand, and camping gear. Nothing worse than driving a long way and have something break to spoil the trip.

The box truck has gotten a lot of use hauling furniture as well. Super convenient vehicle, and it will also turn inside a full size pickup. I paid $18K for it with 90k miles on the clock. Nothing for a commercial Isuzu diesel.
tmex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider on April 10th 2016, 5:22 pm

OK, this was a test.
orangerider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider on April 10th 2016, 5:36 pm

zilla wrote:
orangerider wrote:Mine is a 2014 MB Sprinter 170 4cyl. 7 speed. Great rig, use a 3 bike Beast Rack for securing the bikes, great mileage loaded 24mpg. Has been very reliable i also use it for camping and fishing. Very comfortable with the suspension seats and 265/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler tires for added flotation.

You can post directly to this site Use the button third left of You Tube icon in the tool bar.

Thanks!!
orangerider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 10th 2016, 7:17 pm

tmex wrote:My philosophy is to go big - Isuzu NPR box truck. Half the cost of a Chevy diesel pickup and better milage to boot. Mine as a hydraulic lift gate for loading and unloading bikes - very convenient. You can also launch out the back if you want to impress.

Close up view loaded. It will easily handle six bikes. Here we have three bikes - two primary and a spare along with spare wheels (with rubber mounted), spare tires, every imaginable tool, air compressor, tire changing stand, and camping gear. Nothing worse than driving a long way and have something break to spoil the trip.

The box truck has gotten a lot of use hauling furniture as well. Super convenient vehicle, and it will also turn inside a full size pickup. I paid $18K for it with 90k miles on the clock. Nothing for a commercial Isuzu diesel.

I have always liked that setup. Just no bullshit, no nonsense rig.
Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Ticket on April 12th 2016, 11:49 pm

Subaru Forester XT 2.0 and 3-rail for us.

E-Ticket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hokie on April 13th 2016, 7:30 am

Kermit wrote:
tmex wrote:My philosophy is to go big - Isuzu NPR box truck. Half the cost of a Chevy diesel pickup and better milage to boot. Mine as a hydraulic lift gate for loading and unloading bikes - very convenient. You can also launch out the back if you want to impress.

I have always liked that setup. Just no bullshit, no nonsense rig.

Me too. I don't think the wife and kids would like riding in the back though. Not to mention if I got pulled over by the cops and he hears the screaming back there. "Why no officer, I am not smuggling Mexicans, that's my family"!
Hokie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade on April 13th 2016, 6:35 pm

No more MB for me, been there and done that. Like a sexy ass GF, they are awesome and can make you feel hero, but if you look at it wrong, give it a reason to break down and cost you a couple G's, it will. The Transit is my hauler, even with the tool racks, I can get 2 bikes in, add a hitch hauler and I can carry three. Trailers are a PITA in our HOA, so I am fucked on the trailer plan. LOVE my Transit, took all the best ideas of the Sprinter, made it handle better, made it ridiculously faster (the EcoBoost is a 15 sec 1/4 mile friggin high or medium roof van) and no $150/hr MB techs to deal with

Admin

View user profile http://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade on April 13th 2016, 9:26 pm

Mid roofed, mid length, 4.0l V6:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider on April 13th 2016, 10:59 pm

KTMSwade wrote:Mid roofed, mid length, 4.0l V6:

Next year i`m thinking about a 4x4 van, the MB are very pricey and i have thought about the Transit in 4x4 it`s 12 k over MSRP but still might be cheaper than the MB.

I have the 4 banger in my Sprinter and i have not had an issue. Tom White had to get a new motor in his Sprinter at 80k, he has the 6 cyl. Some seem to have no issues and will put over 500k while others have nothing but trouble, i think Javier was having issues with his Sprinter before he sold it.
orangerider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade on April 14th 2016, 7:29 am

The inline 5 was a great engine, the MB fuel system sucks balls, even to this day. The guys running the Transit diesels are loving them, but I was so gunshy with diesels in general, chose to stick with gasser.

I've been trying to talk Lynda into another Transit, full conversion/race rig with 4x4, but she loves her diesel Excursion. Ain't gonna happen

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 18th 2016, 9:33 am

[quote=Hokie]

Me too. I don't think the wife and kids would like riding in the back though. Not to mention if I got pulled over by the cops and he hears the screaming back there. "Why no officer, I am not smuggling Mexicans, that's my family"![/quote]

ha ha!

I dunno...bolt a couch to the floor, flat screen to the wall hooked up to a video game system....

Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf on April 18th 2016, 11:54 pm

simple 4cyl 5spd Tacoma 4x4, , instant tent (5 minute set up & tear down, can stand up inside,)

trusty old great handling 525 EXC
[/url]
Awesome singletrack

Campfire and beer

gets the job done
( all pics from last weekend)

Lonewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SWOrange on April 19th 2016, 7:06 am

Good stuff LW. Finally have riding and camping weather here.

SWOrange

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 19th 2016, 8:31 am

SWOrange wrote:Good stuff LW. Finally have riding and camping weather here.

Yeah, looks great Dave. I need to get over that way.

Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf on April 21st 2016, 4:25 pm

Kermit wrote:
SWOrange wrote:Good stuff LW. Finally have riding and camping weather here.

Yeah, looks great Dave. I need to get over that way.

you can stay at my place or I can meet you for camping and do trail guide, I know most of the riding areas now

Lonewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit on April 21st 2016, 9:44 pm

Lonewolf wrote:

you can stay at my place or I can meet you for camping and do trail guide, I know most of the riding areas now

Thanks Dave.
Kermit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum