Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Go down

Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by orangerider on April 5th 2016, 6:42 pm

Mine is a 2014 MB Sprinter 170 4cyl. 7 speed. Great rig, use a 3 bike Beast Rack for securing the bikes, great mileage loaded 24mpg. Has been very reliable i also use it for camping and fishing. Very comfortable with the suspension seats and 265/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler tires for added flotation.

Lets hear about or see your rig.

I would include photos and will once i can upload from my computer. I do not use Photo Bucket and such sites as i had ID theft a few years back and it was related to such a site.
avatar
orangerider

Posts : 102
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : Thousand Oaks, CA.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by OldMechanik on April 5th 2016, 9:21 pm

Mine doubles as a ride rig and a family truckster. A raised roof van or box van would be nice...so would a go-zillion dollars. lol It's paid for and it's tough so it'll do.



avatar
OldMechanik

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-03-21
Age : 52
Location : Cesspool, South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Hokie on April 7th 2016, 3:47 pm

Class C RV with 5x10 trailer. Last race I crammed:

1 - 250XC
1 - 65SX
1 - 50SX
2 - OSETS 20's

into that trailer I really need a bigger trailer.


avatar
Hokie

Posts : 65
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by zilla on April 7th 2016, 4:52 pm

orangerider wrote:Mine is a 2014 MB Sprinter 170 4cyl. 7 speed. Great rig, use a 3 bike Beast Rack for securing the bikes, great mileage loaded 24mpg. Has been very reliable i also use it for camping and fishing. Very comfortable with the suspension seats and 265/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler tires for added flotation.

Lets hear about or see your rig.

I would include photos and will once i can upload from my computer. I do not use Photo Bucket and such sites as i had ID theft a few years back and it was related to such a site.

You can post directly to this site Use the button third left of You Tube icon in the tool bar.

_________________
Clip Board Sr.
avatar
zilla
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-21
Age : 70
Location : Rock Springs Wy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by SWOrange on April 8th 2016, 10:53 am

Nothing quite so fancy for me.

'08 Mazda B4000 (aka Ford Ranger).

Will tow the small open utility trailer if taking 3 bikes.

SWOrange

Posts : 20
Join date : 2016-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Kermit on April 8th 2016, 8:30 pm

Do-it-all...Old faithful...think I have had this little  truck for 14 years now (paid cash for it), has 320,000 miles on it and refuses to die, so I keep on driving it. And well, it has been paid for for a very long time, can't bring myself to buy a new one.  The older I get the more anti-consumerism I become. Have a truck, have a bike...they both work...what more do you need, yeah?


avatar
Kermit

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by zilla on April 8th 2016, 8:38 pm

IF I have to haul, it's the back of the truck.. Normally I just ride from home..

_________________
Clip Board Sr.
avatar
zilla
Admin

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-03-21
Age : 70
Location : Rock Springs Wy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Kermit on April 8th 2016, 8:45 pm

zilla wrote:IF I have to haul, it's the back of the truck..  Normally I just ride from home..

I would love to ride right out the back door, used to back in PA, had a little trail system on our property that I built.

Here...oh about 30-40 minutes to a trail head. Do have a squid area about 15 minutes away. If I trailer the bike to work, can be on a trail in 5-10 minutes. Plated dirt bikes are joyous thing.

Standing at the trailhead looking at downtown Boise. haven't had a chance to explore the boise foothills yet, maybe next week.




avatar
Kermit

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by tmex on April 10th 2016, 12:30 pm

My philosophy is to go big - Isuzu NPR box truck. Half the cost of a Chevy diesel pickup and better milage to boot. Mine as a hydraulic lift gate for loading and unloading bikes - very convenient. You can also launch out the back if you want to impress.



Close up view loaded. It will easily handle six bikes. Here we have three bikes - two primary and a spare along with spare wheels (with rubber mounted), spare tires, every imaginable tool, air compressor, tire changing stand, and camping gear. Nothing worse than driving a long way and have something break to spoil the trip.



The box truck has gotten a lot of use hauling furniture as well. Super convenient vehicle, and it will also turn inside a full size pickup. I paid $18K for it with 90k miles on the clock. Nothing for a commercial Isuzu diesel.
avatar
tmex
Admin

Posts : 41
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by orangerider on April 10th 2016, 5:22 pm



OK, this was a test.
avatar
orangerider

Posts : 102
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : Thousand Oaks, CA.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by orangerider on April 10th 2016, 5:36 pm

zilla wrote:
orangerider wrote:Mine is a 2014 MB Sprinter 170 4cyl. 7 speed. Great rig, use a 3 bike Beast Rack for securing the bikes, great mileage loaded 24mpg. Has been very reliable i also use it for camping and fishing. Very comfortable with the suspension seats and 265/75/16 Nitto Trail Grappler tires for added flotation.

Lets hear about or see your rig.

I would include photos and will once i can upload from my computer. I do not use Photo Bucket and such sites as i had ID theft a few years back and it was related to such a site.

You can post directly to this site Use the button third left of You Tube icon in the tool bar.

Thanks!!
avatar
orangerider

Posts : 102
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : Thousand Oaks, CA.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Kermit on April 10th 2016, 7:17 pm

tmex wrote:My philosophy is to go big - Isuzu NPR box truck. Half the cost of a Chevy diesel pickup and better milage to boot. Mine as a hydraulic lift gate for loading and unloading bikes - very convenient. You can also launch out the back if you want to impress.



Close up view loaded. It will easily handle six bikes. Here we have three bikes - two primary and a spare along with spare wheels (with rubber mounted), spare tires, every imaginable tool, air compressor, tire changing stand, and camping gear. Nothing worse than driving a long way and have something break to spoil the trip.



The box truck has gotten a lot of use hauling furniture as well. Super convenient vehicle, and it will also turn inside a full size pickup. I paid $18K for it with 90k miles on the clock. Nothing for a commercial Isuzu diesel.


I have always liked that setup. Just no bullshit, no nonsense rig.
avatar
Kermit

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by E-Ticket on April 12th 2016, 11:49 pm

Subaru Forester XT 2.0 and 3-rail for us.

avatar
E-Ticket

Posts : 7
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Oregon, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Hokie on April 13th 2016, 7:30 am

Kermit wrote:
tmex wrote:My philosophy is to go big - Isuzu NPR box truck. Half the cost of a Chevy diesel pickup and better milage to boot. Mine as a hydraulic lift gate for loading and unloading bikes - very convenient. You can also launch out the back if you want to impress.



Close up view loaded. It will easily handle six bikes. Here we have three bikes - two primary and a spare along with spare wheels (with rubber mounted), spare tires, every imaginable tool, air compressor, tire changing stand, and camping gear. Nothing worse than driving a long way and have something break to spoil the trip.



The box truck has gotten a lot of use hauling furniture as well. Super convenient vehicle, and it will also turn inside a full size pickup. I paid $18K for it with 90k miles on the clock. Nothing for a commercial Isuzu diesel.


I have always liked that setup. Just no bullshit, no nonsense rig.

Me too. I don't think the wife and kids would like riding in the back though. Not to mention if I got pulled over by the cops and he hears the screaming back there. "Why no officer, I am not smuggling Mexicans, that's my family"!
avatar
Hokie

Posts : 65
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by KTMSwade on April 13th 2016, 6:35 pm

No more MB for me, been there and done that. Like a sexy ass GF, they are awesome and can make you feel hero, but if you look at it wrong, give it a reason to break down and cost you a couple G's, it will. The Transit is my hauler, even with the tool racks, I can get 2 bikes in, add a hitch hauler and I can carry three. Trailers are a PITA in our HOA, so I am fucked on the trailer plan. LOVE my Transit, took all the best ideas of the Sprinter, made it handle better, made it ridiculously faster (the EcoBoost is a 15 sec 1/4 mile friggin high or medium roof van) and no $150/hr MB techs to deal with

_________________
Ain't dead yet
avatar
KTMSwade
Admin

Posts : 207
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : Lenexa, KS

View user profile http://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by KTMSwade on April 13th 2016, 9:26 pm

Mid roofed, mid length, 4.0l V6:


_________________
Ain't dead yet
avatar
KTMSwade
Admin

Posts : 207
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : Lenexa, KS

View user profile http://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by orangerider on April 13th 2016, 10:59 pm

KTMSwade wrote:Mid roofed, mid length, 4.0l V6:

Next year i`m thinking about a 4x4 van, the MB are very pricey and i have thought about the Transit in 4x4 it`s 12 k over MSRP but still might be cheaper than the MB.

I have the 4 banger in my Sprinter and i have not had an issue. Tom White had to get a new motor in his Sprinter at 80k, he has the 6 cyl. Some seem to have no issues and will put over 500k while others have nothing but trouble, i think Javier was having issues with his Sprinter before he sold it.
avatar
orangerider

Posts : 102
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : Thousand Oaks, CA.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by KTMSwade on April 14th 2016, 7:29 am

The inline 5 was a great engine, the MB fuel system sucks balls, even to this day. The guys running the Transit diesels are loving them, but I was so gunshy with diesels in general, chose to stick with gasser.

I've been trying to talk Lynda into another Transit, full conversion/race rig with 4x4, but she loves her diesel Excursion. Ain't gonna happen

_________________
Ain't dead yet
avatar
KTMSwade
Admin

Posts : 207
Join date : 2016-03-21
Location : Lenexa, KS

View user profile http://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Kermit on April 18th 2016, 9:33 am

[quote=Hokie]

Me too. I don't think the wife and kids would like riding in the back though. Not to mention if I got pulled over by the cops and he hears the screaming back there. "Why no officer, I am not smuggling Mexicans, that's my family"![/quote]

ha ha!

I dunno...bolt a couch to the floor, flat screen to the wall hooked up to a video game system....


avatar
Kermit

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Lonewolf on April 18th 2016, 11:54 pm

simple 4cyl 5spd Tacoma 4x4, , instant tent (5 minute set up & tear down, can stand up inside,)

trusty old great handling 525 EXC
[/url]
Awesome singletrack


Campfire and beer

gets the job done
( all pics from last weekend)

Lonewolf

Posts : 39
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by SWOrange on April 19th 2016, 7:06 am

Good stuff LW. Finally have riding and camping weather here.

SWOrange

Posts : 20
Join date : 2016-03-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Kermit on April 19th 2016, 8:31 am

SWOrange wrote:Good stuff LW. Finally have riding and camping weather here.


Yeah, looks great Dave. I need to get over that way.


avatar
Kermit

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Lonewolf on April 21st 2016, 4:25 pm

Kermit wrote:
SWOrange wrote:Good stuff LW. Finally have riding and camping weather here.


Yeah, looks great Dave. I need to get over that way.


you can stay at my place or I can meet you for camping and do trail guide, I know most of the riding areas now

Lonewolf

Posts : 39
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Kermit on April 21st 2016, 9:44 pm

Lonewolf wrote:


you can stay at my place or I can meet you for camping and do trail guide, I know most of the riding areas now

Thanks Dave.
avatar
Kermit

Posts : 61
Join date : 2016-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Your Rig To The Races Or Riding Area

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum