Dirt Bike Dirt Bags
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 AMA Supercross Discussions, 2fiddies an 4fiddies

3 posters

Go down

2017 AMA Supercross Discussions, 2fiddies an 4fiddies Empty 2017 AMA Supercross Discussions, 2fiddies an 4fiddies

Post by shiftpro February 12th 2017, 1:21 pm

Well what an exciting series so far, despite some surprises that didn't surprise some of us.
Last night in Texas... what the hell?! I just watched the 450's on youtube. Have to see the 250s yet. What a bummer for McElrath...sparkplug oh crap.
Two Yamahas with flat tires... ?
Dungey off the podium? Oh well he sucked a bit and yet still gained points on the field. All the smart(dumb) asses will be again saying how Dungey is waiting for everyone to crash out. It would be nice to see Dungey get 'racy' again. Not like he's being a spode by any means. With all the carnage going on around him since Kenny plowed into the ground I appreciate his solid rides void of excessive chances and flair.
Eli loses his front end... oh wait, no surprise there. Just surprised he didn't do that earlier.

Lots of other comments I have but hoping this thread will encourage others to put forth observations and thoughts too.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

2017 AMA Supercross Discussions, 2fiddies an 4fiddies Empty Re: 2017 AMA Supercross Discussions, 2fiddies an 4fiddies

Post by stickman776 February 13th 2017, 6:46 am

The SX series has been a strange mixed bag this season. Some of the riders are hot or cold, suffering from weird mechanical mishaps or just plain not riding well. Dungey looks to be riding very tight, especially since Roczen's crash.

Tomac, is riding like Tomac, he will drop his bike at least 2-3 more time during the SX season. I have said it before, he likes to ride too far back on the bike in the turns and not planting the front end, combine that with what appears to be a lack of front brake modulation on his part causes him to drop the bike in the turns.
stickman776
stickman776

Back to top Go down

2017 AMA Supercross Discussions, 2fiddies an 4fiddies Empty Re: 2017 AMA Supercross Discussions, 2fiddies an 4fiddies

Post by shiftpro February 13th 2017, 9:14 am

What a crush for McElrath. I watched the 250s last night and that was painful to see. He had that race well in hand and on his way to the red plate again. Great racing otherwise. What a pleasure watching Plessinger on his attack.

And there was Colton Aeck who was landed on by another rider/bike. He's all broken up and undergoing surgery today I guess. I'm not sure was that in a heat race?

http://racerxonline.com/2017/02/13/colton-aeck-expected-to-make-full-recovery

Tomac to me still looks like he's riding a mountain bike downhill with his ass hanging off the back like Stick mentions.

I'm wondering if the new timed system is only giving the main show a more dangerous track?
Gosh hate to make the races shorter, I love the extra laps.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider February 13th 2017, 12:38 pm

Dungey is doing what he needed to do, if he would have pushed on that slick track and crashed aka Roczen style people would have been saying why was he pushing. Dungey knows exactly where he needs to be he sees the big picture. I agree he has been in a funk since Roczens crash but so have some of the other top riders, most MM, JA, and CS now seem to be coming out of it.

From what little they showed of MM he seemed to be in complete control and i`m happy that he finally has his first win, i can see battles between him and Dungey coming up which should be great racing.

Tomac is being Tomac and i think the issue is he`s trying to ride the 450 like he rode a 250 and it finally catches up to him at some point during a race, he`s either going to be spectacular or hit the ground. My fear is that he is going to hit the ground one too many times.

Dean Wilson is quietly making progress as he is learning his bike, it`s too bad he got a late start with the team.
orangerider
orangerider

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro February 19th 2017, 12:44 pm

I just watched Minneapolis 450s. Again, brutal track. At first it looked easy, then obvious survival.
Well I really liked the timed events because well, a 16 minute main event is just a booger flick. But
the new format seems to be maybe not such a good idea after all. I miss the 45 minute motos from
40 years ago. Has it been that long ! I gotta check my math. Yup, it's correct. Dang...

Hard to tell what's going on with Dungey, is it the broken down tracks and he's trying to defend his points lead?
I popped in at Ktalk earlier today and what a raft of Dungey slayers living over there. Very very strange, I just don't get it. I don't get the slightest hint of fun or stress relief over there anymore. Anyway, back to the racers.

In the beginning of the race they (cameras) sure kept an eye on Dungey, but then they missed his near death episode going off track saving an endo over the dragon's back.

The Marv (credit to Longtime) looked the fastest out there. Even Eli looked slow and herky jerky. Strange, I mean he really looked slow compared to Marv.
I couldn't help but notice several times Eli was going up a jump face with one or both feet off the pegs. Fun guy to watch but I kinda am holding my breath watching. I hope he surprises us all and doesn't wad up again and cultivate the soil with his flesh and bones.

I miss Weston P.
I miss the old (young) James Stewart.
I miss Dungey putting the clamp on big mouths.
Surprised Mookie is struggling, I thought he would be more like a top 5.
But, I also thought Baggett and Canard, Barcia and Pourcel, Millsaps and Anderson would be in top 5 also.
I guess I have bad math or something. Why can't 6 or 7 guys be in the top 5?

Well I could always kiss Jebs ass to get my posting powers back and ask the experts at Ktalk....
umm on second thought, naw.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by stickman776 February 19th 2017, 11:54 pm

I still say that Roczen's crash has messed with Dungey's head. I am hoping that as they get the East coast races he picks up the pace, it is his championship to lose.
As for the Dungey bashers over at K-talk, they are just a bunch of worthless trolls not spending any time on.
stickman776
stickman776

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider March 3rd 2017, 5:46 pm

stickman776 wrote:I still say that Roczen's crash has messed with Dungey's head. I am hoping that as they get the East coast races he picks up the pace, it is his championship to lose.
As for the Dungey bashers over at K-talk, they are just a bunch of worthless trolls not spending any time on.

Not sure how much longer i`m going to last at K-talk. I`m about ready to thump on some heads over there.
orangerider
orangerider

Back to top Go down

Post by stickman776 March 3rd 2017, 6:43 pm

Yeah, the WV troll is such an idiot, it is all I can do to not say something that I know that I will get banned for.
stickman776
stickman776

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider March 3rd 2017, 8:39 pm

I hear you.
orangerider
orangerider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down