Dirt Bike Dirt Bags
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

toothache

+8
tmex
zilla
KungFuFighter
Lonewolf
KTMSwade
IronManPandito
myosin
Hokie
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

toothache Empty toothache

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 12:39 pm

I have dealt with toothaches from time to time my whole life. Just had another one the past few days. It is gone now. It was starting to abscess and I fixed it. Another one fixed. It will come back eventually, but it is in good order enough for now to have a professional look at it.

My point is that I have been keeping toothaches under control for about 15 years or more by taking large doses of oral vitamin C. 10-15000mg a day spread throughout the 24hr day. Usually about 3 days does it. It seems to "kick in" about 1/2 day later than antibiotics. Antibiotics take a day for the pain and swelling to start subsiding, Vitamin C takes about a day and a half to start to work. If the infection has not gotten wildly out of control, there is no difference for me between vitamin C and antibiotics. In fact, Vitamin C has always worked and certain antibiotics haven't with me.

This method works for me almost as quickly and definately as effectively as antibiotics.

I work away from home and sometimes in remote areas. This is continuous, 7 day a week work. At times it is quite difficult to make it to a dentist to get things fixed up. We rely on other means. Like Vitamin C. Or in extreme cases actually pulling a tooth ourselves. I've seen it and cheered it on twice. Lots of alcohol and some extreme pain and then the pain is gone. Gone. Unfortunately so is the tooth. Shocked When a tooth is unrepairable it doesn't matter anyway. You just want it out of your head. I haven't had one of mine done this way. Yet. Shocked

I was working with a young fellow late last spring who had a major puffy face going on and he was sore. I suggested this Vitamin C thing to him. He started taking vitamin C that same night and his abscess slowly went away until he was able to get it looked at by the dentist when he got home about 2 weeks later. He didn't show up with an infection that couldn't be worked on, he showed up with a tooth that could be repaired. I ran into him again late this fall and he reminded me of this event.

Anyway, it works for me (and others). I will save the antibiotics for when I REALLY need them.

For me and several others I know; this works.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

toothache Empty Re: toothache

Post by Hokie March 23rd 2016, 12:46 pm

Bourbon. Way faster.
Hokie
Hokie

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla March 23rd 2016, 12:53 pm

Brush with Sensodyne..   I still have most of my teeth, but they are really sensitive.  Sensodyne takes are of it..  Usually.
zilla
zilla
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 12:54 pm

Bourbon may ease the pain, but Vitamin C will kill the infection. From the inside.

I am serious about this for those who suffer from toothaches. It is a viable alternative to antibiotics. I have repeatedly tested it on myself and some others have tried and also been successful.

I'm not talking about about a sensitive tooth, I am talking about an abscess that is going to go all out of control and require immediate treatment. You can provide immediate treatment yourself with Vitamin C. Sounds impossible, but it works. You have to get on it as soon as you start feeling the problem. I have even let it get away a little and still had success, like this most recent time.

Last edited by longtime coming on March 23rd 2016, 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by Hokie March 23rd 2016, 1:00 pm

zilla wrote:Brush with Sensodyne..   I still have most of my teeth, but they are really sensitive.  Sensodyne takes are of it..  Usually.

I use sensodyne in a pinch. Usually prescription toothpaste from the dentist.

Sensitive teeth from years of grinding.

Last edited by Hokie on March 23rd 2016, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hokie
Hokie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hokie March 23rd 2016, 1:03 pm

toothache Bumble-noteeth
Hokie
Hokie

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade March 23rd 2016, 8:53 pm

Is the toothache from infection or sensitive teeth? I swear by eliminating coffee, soda pop and other acidic drinks to preserve my enamel and my Phillips Sonicare stays with me wherever I go. Only tooth cleaning tool that feels like a dentist cleaned my teeth after brushing. I'm a total floss dork too, basically I hate going to the dentist and prefer to keep my chiclets healthy
KTMSwade
KTMSwade
Admin

https://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro March 23rd 2016, 10:14 pm

Vitamin C therapy is popular in Europe but frowned upon in North America. They would rather you use their drugs. A good friend of mine, and old geezer in his mid 70's cured some kind of blood disorder while he was in the hospital getting fake treatment. He had a little wind up timer that would go off every 20 minutes even through his sleep. Every 20 minutes he would take, I can't remember but was a heap. Maybe 3000 or 5000 every 20 minutes, and water. Two days of this and the doctor came in with that stupid look on his face... he couldn't explain why suddenly the old guy's blood was true again. Vitamin C in large doses doesn't linger, the body passes it. So the idea of flooding your system every 20 minutes is the solution. Good stuff.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by zilla March 23rd 2016, 10:27 pm

i am gonna go look in the drug cup board for some.. We do eat a lot of oranges around here..
zilla
zilla
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex March 23rd 2016, 10:39 pm

zilla wrote:i am gonna go look in the drug cup board for some..  We do eat a lot of oranges around here..

Vitamin C therapy has been touted for a long time. There is only anecdotal evidence to suggest a benefit. I would be more inclined to rely on "big pharma" if you actually want to fix something.
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 10:56 pm

I have been eliminating toothaches for years with this method. Years and years and at least a dozen toothaches. The young fellow last year was way out of control. His face was like a chipmunk on one side. It even worked on that. I was surprised myself. I don't make this shit up. I only brought it up because i am sure it can help some of the folks around here now or in the future. I really don't care if any one believes me or not. Your loss not mine when you have a sore mouth and think you need antibiotics when the vitamin C bottle is right in front of you.

Tmex, you kill me because you know better and like to stir the pot.

My evidence is years of experimenting on myself out of necessity as I have described.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewolf March 23rd 2016, 10:57 pm

this thread makes me cringe !

Lonewolf

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 10:58 pm

Why?
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex March 23rd 2016, 11:03 pm

longtime coming wrote:I have been eliminating toothaches for years with this method. Years and years and at least a dozen toothaches. The young fellow last year was way out of control. His face was like a chipmunk on one side. It even worked on that. I was surprised myself. I don't make this shit up. I only brought it up because i am sure it can help some of the folks around here now or in the future. I really don't care if any one believes me or not. Your loss not mine when you have a sore mouth and think you need antibiotics when the vitamin C bottle is right in front of you.

Tmex, you kill me because you know better and like to stir the pot.

My evidence is years of experimenting on myself out of necessity as I have described.

If I really did know better, I would say so. I honestly don't know, and there is no clinical evidence to support your claims. If you think it works, that could be a placebo effect. Who know? It it works for you that is all that matters, and I see no harm in passing it along. FWIW, I never say anything I do not honestly believe.

We have a resident expert, Dr. Nugent. I would be interested in what he has to say on the matter. My guess is he will call BS on it.
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 11:11 pm

People mske the mistake of thinking a couple of thousand milligrams taken at once is gonna do something. You need more. Lots more. And taken the same way you take a prescription. Like 2 or 3000 milligrams every 4 hours, for 4 days for example. Vitamin C works the same way. You gotta keep the level up and constant. Like I said, I will save the antibiotics for when I really need them. I had a bad toothache last year. I thought it might get out of control. I was around home so I went to the doc (dentist) and asked him for a prescription. Meanwhile I was guzzling vitamin C. The vitamin C worked and I still have that little bottle of antibiotics in case I actually need them someday. It is not anecdotal. It is fact. At least for me and others I know.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 11:14 pm

It is not placebo effect. It is real. I just did it again. It works every fuckin time. Just as well as antibiotics. It takes slightly longer to kick in, is all.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by tmex March 23rd 2016, 11:21 pm

longtime coming wrote:It is not placebo effect. It is real. I just did it again. It works every fuckin time. Just as well as antibiotics. It takes slightly longer to kick in, is all.

If it works, do it. No argument. If there is clinical evidence for it working, it will become mainstream. I don't doubt your experience. I am just setting a higher bar for the burden of proof than you are.
tmex
tmex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 11:22 pm

Ok, if it is placebo effect then that means that I can eliminate raging root infections in my teeth with my mind. I'm talking ones that are beginning to abscess, like swelling the face. Like this last one of a few days ago. My wife said "your face is swollen". I said "I know". And now it is gone. Cool. And merely by telling others, they can do it too. Amazing Kreskin.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 11:29 pm

Someone around here do me a favour when you get your next root infection and guzzle vitamin C. Take it like a prescription, keep the level up and I bet it will work for you too. I don't generally take any vitamins or supplements until I feel a need. Then they help me. I have been very stiff for the last couple of months. Back mostly. Any body got any limbering up mineral regimes?
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 11:36 pm

If there was clinical evidence it would be squashed like a bug. My $60.00 antibiotics are worth a lot more to the economy than my $1.00 worth of vitamin C. This vitamin C therapy thing is old news. Maybe it doesn't work for everybody, but I know it works for many more than just me.

There's a lot of clinical evidence about the overuse of antibiotics. Vitamin C helps me to not let my system get compromised that way.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 11:47 pm

Oh, and yous see my avatar? That is not for me. That's for the others with the closed minds.

That's a mushroom I took a picture of one day. Beautiful thing.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming March 23rd 2016, 11:50 pm

And here's another thing I think I've noticed; my pee runs clear when my body is using the vitamin C. When it is not, it runs yellow. Weird. I'm still confirming that one....for me.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro March 24th 2016, 12:19 am

Chinese medical arts are savoy to vitamin C therapy.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro March 24th 2016, 12:25 am

Basically all traditional mainstream medical and media dis VC therapy. That tells me it works.
Even though big pharma makes and sells the bulk of VC they make a hell of a lot more 4 selling drugs
that really only alleviate or suppress a symptom. A cheap product that can actually cure an issue will always be 'debunked' by some asshole paid to do such.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro March 24th 2016, 12:29 am

I would be more inclined to run the fuck away from "big pharma" if I actually want to fix something.

And I have done just that, successfully... more than a few times.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum