Dirt Bike Dirt Bags
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tub O` Towels

3 posters

Go down

Tub O` Towels Empty Tub O` Towels

Post by orangerider July 24th 2016, 3:10 pm

I do a lot of wrenching and have tried every hand cleaner on the market and i highly recommend Tub O` Towels for not only cleaning hands but parts , tools and surfaces. I buy from Amazon at a good price even with Prime shipping.
orangerider
orangerider

Back to top Go down

Tub O` Towels Empty Re: Tub O` Towels

Post by shiftpro July 28th 2016, 9:24 am

I'm tying to break my hexane addiction (brake cleaner).
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming August 13th 2016, 9:58 pm

I use one of the pumice cleaners in the orange pump container. Lasts me a couple of years. I almost need another. The other one wrecks my baby soft hands. I forget which one is which right now. I betcha that pumice cleaner would work nicely on a block. It rinses off with water pretty good.

Hmm. I can't remember the name of anything right now. I've been going around and around all day.

gonna paint it Chevy red, I presume?

Brake cleaner is pretty harsh!
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro August 14th 2016, 10:59 am

@longtimer,
It's more like orange actually. I'm not sure what color or cam I'm going to run, and I'm losing sleep over these choices I need to make. Probably just go black. With all the bling up top black would suffice, and really highlight the brass frost plugs.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro August 14th 2016, 11:07 am

I got a tub of EZ Wipes from WURTH and they are AMAZING! They use a citrus degreaser and it blows away brake cleaner for a hand wash. BTW I don't really soak my hands in brake cleaner or drink it, contrary to my friends opinions. When my nitrile gloves get a hole in the thumb I'll wash it brake clean. Also when I'm painting with oil (home renos) I have a can on hand for quick effortless spatter clean up.

WURTH products are all amazing. I thought it was made in Germany but I see made in USA. Maybe WURTH set up in the US.  They have the best a safest brake clean available as well as several auto body chems. They have some of the best rust converter around.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming August 14th 2016, 12:23 pm

Blue paper towels and...damn! wtf is that stuff called. There are two common shop hand cleaners. One is nasty on the hands and the other does me no perceptible harm.

Gonna go cut some more hay today I think. The dew is just off. I goota time it so it is not all ready at the same time or else it will be too dry and I'll be baling sticks and dust.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro August 14th 2016, 12:59 pm

I started washing my hands with gasoline in the mid '60s after working on my bicycle. My dad taught me that.
As a 6 yr old remembering my hands didn't burn like they do today from gasoline. I don't really use gas to wash my hands (when there is a can of brake clean handy) these days but I do use gas to wash parts. So I end up getting splashed on forearms and face, nasty burns like caustic soda.
I notice premix take a lot of the 'bite' out of gas, almost becomes a something different. That would be a 50/1 synth oil mix.
My fuel injected 2000 Astro van with the v6 Vortec runs much better with some 2 smoke oil in the tank. I bought a big box full of old partial and full jugs of various cheap 2T oil a few years back and fed it to Astro. Maybe the ratio worked out to 100/1, no idea really but better power, fuel economy and idled smoother.
Maybe that tad of oil was enough to seal the rings better making more compression, or the injectors hit harder with the oil. Even seemed to ping less on hot days, so would the oil raise the octane slightly?
Anyway, I'm sticking with clean cheap propane as long as i can get it. But pane really sucks for washing dirty hands!
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider August 14th 2016, 1:35 pm

shiftpro wrote:I got a tub of EZ Wipes from WURTH and they are AMAZING! They use a citrus degreaser and it blows away brake cleaner for a hand wash. BTW I don't really soak my hands in brake cleaner or drink it, contrary to my friends opinions. When my nitrile gloves get a hole in the thumb I'll wash it brake clean. Also when I'm painting with oil (home renos) I have a can on hand for quick effortless spatter clean up.

WURTH products are all amazing. I thought it was made in Germany but I see made in USA. Maybe WURTH set up in the US.  They have the best a safest brake clean available as well as several auto body chems. They have some of the best rust converter around.

For the USA they are located here in SoCal.
orangerider
orangerider

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming August 14th 2016, 4:01 pm

Gojo. That's the stuff.

The engine block should be a color Shifty. Not black. IMO.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro August 14th 2016, 10:37 pm

I'll consider that, thank longish.

I could start a poll on the BBC color question but it would only be us two canuk goofs doing it.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming August 14th 2016, 11:01 pm

Chevy orange is like a deep burnt orangey red isn't it??

There's some nice gun metal greys??
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down

Post by longtime coming August 14th 2016, 11:02 pm

Sposed to be some meteors tonite.

Not quite dark enough yet.
longtime coming
longtime coming

Back to top Go down