Dirt Bike Dirt Bags
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tkitna

+2
zilla
shiftpro
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tkitna - Page 2 Empty Re: tkitna

Post by KTMSwade February 9th 2017, 6:34 pm

Holy crap, yanno, I had gotten so used to the FB group I haven't been over here in forever. Stickman, orangerider, shifty, glad to see you guys!
KTMSwade
KTMSwade
Admin

https://dirtbiketalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro February 9th 2017, 6:44 pm

Wade how nice to see you back!
Tell me, how the hell you keeping?
How about that head case of yours? Back to riding this summer?
Please... speak yer mind. Wanna know...
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade February 9th 2017, 7:39 pm

Still doing regular physical therapy, the balance coordination exercises they have me doing are working for like extreme movements. It's very cool, they have this machine that NFL teams use after a head injury, which works your foot balance. It's a workout! Cool thing is it mimics very much the rigors of off road racing.

My test the other day showed me at a level of a 26 year old non injured athelete! Now, simple balance tests I still am struggling, but at least progress is being made. My hope is to make it to CO, WY and maybe even ID this summer to ride with the wonderful group of riders that have kept my spirits high during all this.

How have you been doing?

Funny side note, we make our own butter now Smile
KTMSwade
KTMSwade
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orangerider February 9th 2017, 11:50 pm

Wade!! Glad to hear from you once again and it`s good to hear that you are making progress. I hope with some effort that we can keep this site alive as i miss all of you guy`s.
orangerider
orangerider

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro February 10th 2017, 10:25 am

@Wade,
Butter?
You mean butter?
Like dairy...?
Or BHO...!
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro February 10th 2017, 10:34 am

Maybe we could start a neurological topic and move our 'head talk' over there.
There are things about my BPPV I want to mention.
This is the Trash Kitfuck thread.
He is a paid troll working for Honda. I think Honda hates KTM the most out of all the jap scraps.
He arrived on our scene with his bucket of shit right about the time us KTM fans were just beginning to enjoy some glory finally having a winning team and bike technology arriving that put the Big 4 to shame.
He didn't even know KTMs had a linkage... come on, even jap bike boys knew ktm stepped up to linkage. He arrives a Ktalk to slash the bikes, Dungey and even Decoster.... and cripes the whole sport in general. He's no fellow dirt biker, he's no dirt bag, just a shit bag and I can't imagine how bad his breath is.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade February 10th 2017, 12:02 pm

We make our own butter from clean cream, much better tasting. I remember how you didn't like store bought butter. Plus we save the buttermilk for dressing etc
KTMSwade
KTMSwade
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro February 10th 2017, 12:57 pm

@Wade's butter,
ok that's what I thought!
Hey just add sugar, ice and salt and you got ice cream.
So the next thing I would encourage you to consider, take your wonderful butter and make it into ghee. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes, this will cook and separate the milk solids.
Your butter will be more like oil and not go rancid. If you use it for baking remember to add water, because the separation process also removes the 30% water... and salt and milk solids, the gunk you really don't want to eat. Oh and you can heat and cook with ghee also.
But even if you never go this far, you're still enjoying a superior product that you're making yourself.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by KTMSwade February 10th 2017, 3:51 pm

Cool! We've really gotten into the clean food movement. Save our seeds from our garden and replant, jar our salsa, marinara suace, crushed tomatoes, peppers. We don't grow b potatoes as the season is so short and lettuce we struggle with ground squirrels. Same with green beans, so we buy those items locally grown.

Our milk, eggs, beef and pork all come from clean producers in a farm community we buy from. Saves a bunch on meat cost as well.
KTMSwade
KTMSwade
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shiftpro February 10th 2017, 4:35 pm

@ Wade's clean food...
I'm so pleased to hear this. Especially because you have kids. Not only feeding them better quality but the idea you're feeding them is just as, or more important. Kids need to learn that reality doesn't come in a glitsy package.

I would highly urge you to grow potatoes, they don't take any longer than tomatoes. As soon as the soil can be worked basically you can plant your spuds. You will have lots of little buggers left over to plant the next year. Don;t let them get too warm or they will sprout before your ready.
And IIRC in the past your weren't too overly convinced that organic choices mattered, anyway just to say that potatoes are one of the worst crops (coming from USA and Mexico)
regarding chemical toxicity. Lots of glyphosate and bug juice and depending where, fungicides.
Then there is the whole GMO food experiment.
And BTW, growing food using chem ferts isn't so bad for the food crop as long as the chem fert company doesn't get their ferts polluted with other nasty chems as these factories/blending sites often also handle dangerous chems such as caustic indistrial cleaning chems.
The other risk of using chem ferts is, depending on the soils, the eventual reduction of soil health. That means killing off the microbes and destroying the soil structure. Turns soil into a dead medium.
Remember your soil is a living evolving creature in many ways.
shiftpro
shiftpro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum